History of Mount Olivet and Diocesan House
The chapel built in 1854 was constructed in an existing cemetery that had been used since 1824. It has an oak floor, but the rest is entirely local pinewood. The parish hall was built in 1946, due to congregation growth at the end of World War II. In 1966 the church moved to a new church home, St. Michael’s in Pineville, which would accommodate their size. Read more here
In the later years of the congregation being located at Mount Olivet, their rectory was located at 107 Hudson Street. Several rectors and their families resided here as shown in the following newspaper clippings.
December 5, 1951
November 27, 1954
January 23, 1960
The former Mount Olivet rectory was originally built in 1925. Hardwood floors and 9′ ceilings, an updated kitchen and bath are some of the features.
Listing Courtesy of Daniel McGlothlin of The Realty Company of Lousiana.